Magazine Moment 2021
Magazine Moment study reveals the emotions and habits that Finns have when they read magazines and consume other types of media – newspapers, radio, TV, blogs, social media, YouTube and podcasts.
- The emotions associated with magazine moments are positive, such as relaxation, inspiration and the thirst for knowledge.
- People prefer to focus fully on their magazine moments and there is no room for the concurrent use of other media.
- Magazine moments are typically spent on the sofa at home and people like to allocate sufficient time to them.
- Magazines are well suited for following a wide range of topics.
- More than half of the surveyed readers also consume digital magazine content.
- 73% of the respondents feel that they get good value for their time always or often when they read print magazine content.
Research compilation on the reading of and advertising in professional and organization magazines.
- Commitment to professional and organization magazines is high - they are read regularly and readership periods are long-term.
- COVID-19 has increased reading.
- A professional or organization magazine is an important source of information about an industry, interest area, or organization — it is unique, provides peer support, keeps you up to date, engages newcomers, helps maintain professional skills, provides inspiration, and compiles the essentials in an easy-to-use format.
- Satisfaction with the content of your magazine is high.
- The ads are equally noticeable at the beginning, end and middle of the magazine.
- The best ads are related to the topic of the magazine. Readers are well-off, adult, educated city dwellers.
Preview ADAM Research report in SlideShare
National Readership Survey
The most recent NRS data for a specific magazine title is always available in Finnish Magazine Rate Cards service for all the magazines that take part in the survey. Here you can see the summary reports.
Readership, total reach and average digital weekly reach, NRS 2021
- Top magazines by total reach (print + digital)
- Top magazines by average issue readership (print)
- Top magazines by average digital weekly reach
Reading minutes and times read, NRS 2021
- Average reading minutes: all / women / men
- Times read by magazine category: all / women / men
- Top magazines by reading minutes: all / women / men
Reading habits and attitude towards advertising, NRS 2021
- Reading habits and advertising claims
- Attitudes towards advertising across channels
- Ad blocking
Readers' interests, NRS 2021
- What interests Finns
- Magazines with highest % of readers interested in a topic
- Beauty and cosmetics
- Boating and sailing
- Cars and motor vehicles
- Construction and renovation
- Cooking and baking
- Cottage life
- Domestic and foreign news
- Domestic traveling
- Economic and financial affairs
- Entertainment electronics and information technology
- Environmental matters
- Fashion and style
- Food and drink
- Gaming (computer, console, mobile)
- Gardening and plants
- Interior design
- Local affairs and events
- Music and concerts
- Nature and outdoor activities
- Politics and society
- Sports and exercise
- Traveling abroad
- Well-being and health
Use of media as a source of information during a purchase process, NRS 2020
Results for NRS 2021 will be updated in the week 43.
- Home appliances, electronics and information technology
- Cosmetics and beauty
- Style and fashion
- Building and renovating
- Food and cooking
- Eyewear, contact lenses and sunglasses
- Furniture and decorating
- Saving and investing
- Health and wellness products and services
- Sportswear, footwear and sports equipment